Monday, August 26, 2013

Recipe Testing

I'm recipe testing again! WOOT! WOOT! I've done this numerous times and I really enjoy it. Not only does it help me decide "what's for dinner" some nights, it gives me a chance to help out the author with a crucial part of the cookbook writing process. That being - can the masses make this successfully? We can all follow a recipe, but not everyone cooks exactly the same. Hell, my own cooking sometimes varies from one time to the next. During the testing process, I find it fun to compare notes with the other testers. Sometimes, a recipe will get tested that I don't have the slightest interest in, but another tester will give it such rave reviews that makes me wonder what I'm missing. So, I'll give it a try and discover a new favourite.

These recipes are for Dreena Burton's new cookbook that is due to be released in late 2014 or early 2015. It sounds like quite a long time away, but I know there is so much work that goes into writing, organizing, editing, and all of the other tasks involved in getting a book published that the time is certainly needed. I can't share any of the recipes with you, obviously, but I will occasionally post some photos of what I've tested just to get you geared up and excited for this new book! This is what I've made so far:


Blueberry Lassy Muffins



Apple Lentil Dahl



Gingerbread Granola



Oven-Baked Chickpea Ratatouille

Looks awesome, eh? And this is just the start. Check back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment